Student and Trainee Visas

Visas for Students and Trainees (F, M, J)

Students seeking to pursue a degree or training in the United States have several visa options available. Visa category “F” are for academic students, category “M” is for non-academic students, category “J” pertains to students or professional trainees under an exchange program, and category H-3 pertains to persons coming to receive practical training in a specialized field or profession.

In order to qualify for these visas the prospective student must meet 3 common requirements:

1. Have a residence abroad and show that there is no intent to abandon it.
2. Must be a bona fide student qualified to pursue a full course of study.
3. Must study only at an institution designated by him and approved by ICE in compliance with the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System or SEVIS.
4. Must demonstrate sufficient funds to finance course of study.

The prospective student must secure a SEVIS I-20 Form which is issued by the approved school or academic institution before applying for his or her visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate located at the county of origin of the applicant. Luna and Associates has years of experience with Student Visas in San Diego.

We Can Help

Luna and Associates provides personal case evaluation starting from your intention to come to the United States to study up until your visa approval. We will also assist you with renovation of your visa when time comes as well as, transitioning to another visa classification if there is a job offer from a U.S. company or entity upon the completion of the course.

Contact Us Now