Subtitulos en Español disponibles apretando el boton CC
Como convertirse en Ciudadano Americano
Form N-400 is the application for naturalization. It is used mainly by permanent residents and other qualified immigrants who live in the United States and want to become a U.S. Citizen. It’s important to understand that becoming a U.S Citizen by Naturalization is a long process. There are typically many steps before a candidate can use Form N-400. The majority of people that become U.S Citizens meet the eligibility requirements in one of the following ways:
1. You have loved in the United States as a permanent Resident for 5 years.
2. You’ve been married to a U.S. Citizen and lived with that person for 3 years.
3. You’ve served in the U.S. Armed Forces for at least 1 year.
If you fulfill one of these criteria, you will also have to meet some additional requirements:
1. Have a good moral character during the required period.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the English Language.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of U.S. History and Government.
If you have been arrested or convicted of a crime or offense during the period of your legal residence you should consult with an immigration attorney before filing your application.